Someone on the social media website Quroa asked “Why should or shouldn’t I join ISIS?” With tongue firmly planted in cheek, AMREL’s Web Marketing Specialist, Richard Barrios, drew on his Marine experience to provide the following authoritative answer:
I really don’t think joining ISIS will be a good step in your career for these reasons:
1) Poor health plan
2) Little or no pay
3) Really bad 401K
4) Bad travel benefits
5) Experience and job duties do not transfer well to another job, if you make it back home
6) When you do travel back home you will most likely be arrested
7) Perks are only available upon death (72 virgins). However, considering the overwhelming amount of people collecting on that perk, there maybe a shorten supply
8) Most life insurance plans do not have a Jihad rider
9) Having to learn a new language.
10) Very little formal training is available. Most training is “on the job”. But I suggest looking at your local community college for any classes or job placement programs. I understand C.A.I.R. is a great resource
11) Retirement is very rare, due to job hazards.
12) It is difficult to explain your job, during career day, at your child’s school
13) Most of the equipment you will be using won’t be cutting edge and sometimes dangerous to operate (bomb vest, IEDs, AK47, RPGs)
14) You will most likely lose a lot of current Facebook friends due to their lack of understanding of your struggle. However, you will gain others who think the same as you. So your social media outreach may be a wash.
15) Your company or class picture will be in black and white, with cross-hairs in the middle. And “Declassified video” printed on the picture. But the good news is, it will be on youtube.com within a few months.
16) Most likely, will not deliver to your location.
17) Internet access will be unreliable.
18) Many professional American “head” hunters will be seeking you out. Their main form of communication to you will be the M40A7 sniper rifle. Warning: The message tends to be delivered very quickly and they guarantee, only one attempt is needed to make a connection.
I hope this helps you with your decision on whether or not to join ISIS. Good luck with your endeavors. And please update us how everything is going.